Under the governance of the ICH MedDRA Management Board, MedDRA is continuously enhanced to meet the evolving needs of all its users around the world. Sustainability of a high quality terminology needs an income stream and the ICH MedDRA Board has opted for a licencing model that provides access to the terminology free of charge to regulatory authority, non-profit, direct patient care provider, educational institutes and at a fair cost shared by its commercial users through an annual subscription fee.
Here's how to subscribe to MedDRA:
- If your organisation is headquartered in Japan, please contact the Japanese Maintenance Organization at email@example.com, otherwise continue to Step 2.
- Determine the type of subscription applicable for your organisation.
- Determine the rate that is applicable for the subscription type.
- Complete the online subscription form.
- If you are requesting a commercial subscription, please upload an annual report or a signed statement from your organisation on letterhead describing total revenue or turnover for its most recently completed fiscal year.
- Your subscription includes English, Chinese, and available EU translations. If you wish to purchase MedDRA in Japanese, please select Japanese under Additional Language at the bottom of the online subscription form page.
- Submit your online subscription form.
- You may save or print a copy of the completed subscription form after submission.
- The MSSO will email an invoice to the designated billing point of contact for payment if applicable. Upon receipt of payment, the MSSO will provide the information to download MedDRA.
For subscription renewals complete the online renewal form.
Payment Terms: Subscription materials will not be provided until payment is received.
The prices quoted are exclusive of any foreign taxes including any consumption taxes (e.g., sale, use, or value-added). The subscription rate shall not be reduced by any withholding for taxes. The subscriber shall administer any consumption tax through the reverse charge mechanism.
Payment Methods: Payments must be made in US dollars. Payment information is provided on each invoice. Please identify invoice number with payment. Checks and wire transfers are accepted forms of payment. If the wire transfer is coming through an international bank, please be sure to include any bank transfer fees with your payment. We do not accept credit cards.